Monday, April 7, 2014

I explain to you matters pertaining to enlightenment,
But don't try to keep your mind on them. 
Just turn to the ocean of your own essence
And develop practical accord with its nature. 
 - Yangshan ( dailyzen.com)

To develop practical accord with the nature of my own essence seems easier said than done.  When I am impatient or defensive or resentful I know I am out of touch with my essence. When I am sitting and following my breath without counting I am in touch with my essence. When I want to be there again I know that it will elude me. When I can be helpful I have more of those moments of clarity. Wondering if the acceptance of those moments is a large part of developing a practical accord with the nature of my own essence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  The bird’s path, winding far, Is right before you.   Water of the Dokei Gorge, You return to the ocean, I to the mountain. - Hof...