Sunday, March 23, 2014

I love the cave of ignorance. There I said it, no more secrets, no long winded proclamations of austere and mindful awareness. Give me a nice cave of ignorance any time. It will always be nice because with ignorance I wouldn't know any better. My day is filled with opportunities for a little cave sitting; weekends hold the promise of whole days and nights in the cave.
The cave wanders by while in zazen and how easy for me to step inside, away from the in-breath and immerse myself in the desires and worries of the day.
And then I take the next breath and the door swings open again.....
And I arouse my aspiration for enlightenment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  The bird’s path, winding far, Is right before you.   Water of the Dokei Gorge, You return to the ocean, I to the mountain. - Hof...