Friday, January 30, 2015


I explain to you matters pertaining to enlightenment,
But don’t try to keep your mind on them.
Just turn to the ocean of your own essence
And develop practical accord with its nature.
- Yangshan courtesy of dailyzen.com

Many of my clients have expressed frustration when I do not tell them what to do. They come to my office seeking help for the problems they are having in their lives. What is implied is their inability to take care of themselves. If I am just giving advice I run the risk of validating their belief that they are incompetent. Instead I sit with them and we turn together to the oceans of  our essence. We acknowledge and investigate the worries,fears, and conflicts with an open mind. That process has great potential for my clients  to develop a practical accord with the nature of their essence. I have no place in that work. I can only provide a space for them to experience the learning and wisdom of reflection and self acceptance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  The bird’s path, winding far, Is right before you.   Water of the Dokei Gorge, You return to the ocean, I to the mountain. - Hof...